5/10/2005

How Long Should My eNewsletter Paragraphs Be?

Good advice on the length of paragraphs. This is coming from
Jeanne Jennings of ClickZ, she writes “Years ago, I read a case study that determined 5.25 lines, no more, is the perfect length for an online paragraph. Though not fanatical about it, I do try to keep my paragraphs within this guideline. To accomplish this, we broke long paragraphs into shorter ones.” (Purposely presented break in paragraph to make the point)

I know they should be kept short but I didn’t know of an exact line count. The most important thing is to remember is make sure the paragraphs do not discourage recipients from reading due to their length.


Marcos J. Menendez
President
www.loopconsulting.com
Got a question on eNewsletters? Post it as a comment and we’ll answer it.