How to Make Your Website Search Engine Friendly
Here’s a quick summary of what he says to USA Today in his interview:
1. Add “keywords” to your site’s content; keywords are the words you think people will use to find your site when they use a search engine. The more keywords you use in your content, the easier your site will be to find.
2. Title Tags and Description Tags are the information Google displays about your website in the results page.
3. The more people that link to your website the better. People will link to your content if it’s interesting and of value. (By the way, please link to me!)
4. Advertising on Google does not get you preferred treatment. You will not rank higher in the free results because you advertise.
5. Normally, Google refreshes its entire inventory once a month. This means that Google may visit your site to look for new content every 30 days. However, don’t wait a month for Google to visit your site; submit your site to Google at http://www.google.com/addurl.
I’m not the best person to summarize interviews, but if you liked the tips above, I’d recommend taking time to watch the five-minute video interview and hear it straight from the horse’s mouth.